So my late obsession has been with Hot yoga which I have taken up recently. Having done some prior research before joining hot yoga found that it has become a growing trend amongst celebrities for a while, for example George Clooney, Jennifer Anniston and Madonna are said to be huge fans so I just had to give it a go!!
What is hot yoga?
Hot yoga or Bikram Yoga which is the correct name is an intense form of yoga that is performed in well… a HOT room which is heated up about 40 degrees celsius. The class consists of a series of 26 poses in a 90 minute session which can get you working up quite a sweat!
What are the benefits of hot yoga?
The benefits of hot yoga are:
- Weight Loss – Some of poses in hot yoga aid in helping your digestive system and improve your metabolizing. Also it encourages you to eat healthily by reducing your unhealthy cravings. Also the intense heat flushes out all the toxins from your body and allow to burn up to 1000 calories a session! – AMAZING!
- Clear skin – The sweating allows your pores to open and get cleaned which in time will reduce break outs and create a fresh glow in your skin.
- Stress – Hot yoga helps in dealing with physical and mental stress by connecting with your body and breathing in time with the poses to calm and let go of the mind and tension.
- Strength – Over time it will help you build strength in parts of your body that you wouldn’t normally work out. Although it is low impact you can feel later that the muscles that you probably didn’t you had have been worked out!
- Cardio – I find from personal experience that the whole session my heart is racing and have had a good work out during a lot of the balancing poses and I didn’t even to have to leave my mat!
- Better sleep – Before I used to suffer for a minor form of insomnia however since I’ve started hot yoga it has dramatically improved therefore improving my everyday life!
- Back Pain – Everyone suffers from one form of back pain to another – I for example suffered from lower back pain however since starting yoga I have had zero lower back pain which feels absolutely amazing!